The Organising Committee, with the support of the EOC, European Federations, government agencies and athletes, is united in creating the III European Games – this year’s biggest celebration of sport in the world. For 12 days, from June 21 to July 2, we will lead Europe in inspiring through sport, delivering an unforgettable experience for fans from around the globe.
From Kraków to the Tatra Mountains, the whole Małopolska region, and beyond, is united in welcoming Europe’s best athletes. We are committed to put Poland at the heart of European sport, and by spreading the Olympic values, create a better world based on principles of equality, non-discrimination, healthy lifestyle, and fair game.
- Creating a programme with 28 sport disciplines, 18 with Olympic Qualification status
- Support of local and municipal governments
- Recruitment of 7,000 volunteers
- Maximising engagement of fans across Europe – by enabling more people to feel part of the Games
- Ticket sales
- Broadcast reach via EBU
- Competitions based on regional games model, which allows use of high-quality facilities that already exist
- Adoption of anti-discrimination commitment in the Małopolska region
- Gender equal participation numbers
- 24/7 athlete hotline during the Games
- Continuing building longevity of the European Games